We at Divicio.us are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Divicio.us accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your account is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we cannot see your passwords. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. You can only reset them.
This policy may be changed from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
2. What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- firstname and lastname
- contact information including email address
- your IP
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
This information is being collected when you perform specific actions on our website, such as filling in the checkout form and completing the order, subscribing to our newsletter, commenting on the blog posts, etc.
3. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping (i.e. for accounting purposes).
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, tutorials or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also contact you by email for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise this website, improve its content and our products according to your interests and needs.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
5. Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
For example, we use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. These are the websites that we trust, however, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at support( at )divicio.us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request anytime the details of your personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to support( at )divicio.us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Updated on May 6, 2018
Created on December 17, 2017